Moving day can be exciting and seen as an adventure for some; but for a senior or family member who can no longer live safely and securely in their home due to extenuating circumstances it is often devastating and highly emotional. Change My Place will build a rapport with the client, ensuring trust, giving everyone involved peace of mind by coordinating the transition with ease and empathy, realizing the difficulties that could potentially lie ahead.
Well-intentioned family members often do not have time to invest in identifying and prioritizing specific needs. They quickly realize it is much more than packing boxes with household items. It becomes an enormous endeavor, sorting through years of wonderful memories, precious heirlooms, treasured antiques and personal belongings. In addition, they now have to make arrangements for the myriad of details that will accompany the move itself.
Alleviate stress and anxiety by allowing Change My Place to provide the specific services needed. The client then feels reassured and calm walking through the door for the first time, surrounded by everything familiar and comforting in their previous life.
- Create a comprehensive move plan - including time table and check list.
- Compassionately assist in sorting belongings; deciding what to keep, what to give to family and friends, what to donate and find a company specializing in estate sales (thereby recouping some of the expenses of the move).
- Create an inventory of your belongings to prevent items from being lost or forgotten.
- Aggressively negotiate with moving companies, securing the most competitive bid.
- Assess the size of the new space and determine furniture placement.
- Arrange the cleaning of the new location prior to move-in
- Arrange and coordinate the packing and moving process.
- Unpack and organize personal belongings, ensuring all items have been moved safely and securely.
- Connect utilities in new home and cancel utilities in vacated property
- Connect computer, television, phone, clocks, stereo and appliances.
- Re-assemble beds and other items set up and test electronics, set clocks and hang pictures.
- Prepare the existing home for sale.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for sub-contractors, if repairs or remodeling is needed
- Ship items continent wide.
- Arrange for change of address information and mail forwarding (list attached).
- Remove and dispose all boxes and packing materials.
- Provide referral list to local businesses and services upon request.
A complimentary consultation at your current residence will provide information needed to assess your needs and offer suggestions about how to begin the process, as every situation is unique.
What makes our service special is not what we do; it is how we do it and believe that you will feel your needs being met in the most compassionate and caring manner possible.
After your initial consultation, a price quote will be provided based on your individual needs.
- Vehicle Registration
- Homecare (if applicable)
- Credit Cards
- Financial Planner
- Drug Store (if delivery applicable)
- Membership and Reward Cards
- Health Provider
- Insurance Agent
- Blue Cross (if applicable)
- Alarm Service
- Handi-transit (if applicable)
- Driver's License
- Family and Friends